The world's first FrSky/DSMX compatible, Betaflight ready, born for acro flight controller for the Tiny Whoop™/BeeDuctrix/Inductrix quad!
Full Cleanflight/Betaflight compatibility on a STM32 F103 Naze32 style processor. It uses a F1 processor instead of F3 due to the lighter weight and less complexity of the F1 design.
Fully programmable through Cleanflight/Betalfight using the onboard USB port! Tune all the parameters, PID's, and rates to your perfect settings!
Finally, you can fly your Tiny Whoop quad in full rate mode, fully execute flips, rolls, and shoot the smallest of gaps with precision! Tuned to give you that locked in feeling you get with standard race quads.
There are two versions available: FrSky and DSMX compatable. No more hacks or Orange Rx modules required, just bind and fly! Please select the option that is right for you when making your purchase.
This board is designed to work with current Tiny Whoop™/BeeDuctrix/Inductrix setups, just replace the current board with our new BeeBrain vr.1 board and experience the next level of flight control.
(Please note product photos are of beta board, final board will look a bit different with some design improvements such as placement of USB port in best accessible location)
- Fully compatible upgrade board for the Tiny Whoop™/BeeDuctrix/Inductrix quad.
- Full Cleanflight/Betaflight compatible Naze32 3x1 format board
- Program via USB port
- High discharge battery connector wire for more power and performance
- (Taranis) FrSky OR (Spectrum) DSMX compatable
- Includes mounting screws and rubber dampers
- STM32 F103 processor
- Six-Axis: MPU6500
- Size: 26mm x 26mm, fully compatible with the Inductrix quad fame and mounting pattern
- Weight: 2.96 grams / 3.37 grams with hardware
Here's my setup video:
The Manual for this board can be found Here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Due to the overwhelming response from the community, we have put together this F.A.Q to answer the most commonly asked questions about our new BeeBrain version 1 board
What radio control protocols are used by the different version of the board?
- The DSMX version uses PPM 7 Channel that is compatible will all DSMX and DSM2 Spectrum radios.
- The FrSky version uses PPM that is compatible with Taranis radios when set in D8 mode.
- This is a high-quality Spektrum DSM2 or FrSky S.Bus compatible receiver. It is not an official Spektrum or FrSky receiver. The Spektrum and DSM2 brands are trademarks of Horizon Hobbies, USA. The FrSky and Taranis brands are trademarks of FrSky Electronics co.
Can other radio controllers be used?
- Yes, any radio that can take the Orange Rx version module, such as the Turnigy 9X, is compatible with the DSMX version of the board.
Does it work with D8 and D16 FrSky?
- The FrSky protocol is PPM so only D8.
Will this work with NanoQX transmitter?
- Yes it does, it works with any 2.4 GHz DSM2/DSMX style controller.
Can it handle 8.5mm high-speed motors?
- Yes, the board can run 8.5mm motors, but our recommendation is to use the 6mm size motors.
Can it handle 2S batteries?
- No, it is designed to handle only 1S safely. Using higher cell batteries can damage the board.
What size are the mosFETs? How many amps can each mosFET handle for each motor?
- The mosFETs are CJ2302 and each one is capable of handling 2 Amps per motor
What Flight Modes does it have?
- The board runs the popular Cleanflight/Betaflight firmware that is fully customizable and includes several different modes: Auto-Level, Horizon (auto-leveling mode with ability to flip), and full manual (rate). You can also enable AirMode and be able to control the quad at any speed and attitude!
Does it have Altitude Hold?
- Nope, that equipment is far too heavy for micro quads.
What is the size of the motor micro JST plugs?
- The board uses the JST 1.25 2 pin style plug.
Can this handle a 400mAh Lipo?
- The board can handle all 1 cell Lipos of varying mAh size.
I have a Turnigy 9x with the orangeRX DSMX module. Has it been tested with that?
- The DSMX version of the board works with OrangeRx 1.2 version of the module.
Will this work with Flysky?
- Sadly no.
Does the DSMX or FrSky receiver support telemetry? Or any idea way of knowing the battery voltage?
- Not for this version of the board, but there areplans for telemetry in the future!
What else do I need?
- This is just the flight control board for the BeeDuctrix/Tiny Whoop/Inductrix. You would still need the either all the other parts that make up the quad (motors, frame, battery, camera).
Note: This is a high-quality Spektrum DSM2 or FrSky S.Bus compatible receiver. It is not an official Spektrum or FrSky receiver. The Spektrum and DSM2 brands are trademarks of Horizon Hobbies, USA. The FrSky and Taranis brands are trademarks of FrSky Electronics co.